As we usher in 2018, we wish to acknowledge and thank our generous donors for their many random acts of kindness during the 2017 holiday season. We have more blessings than we can count but here are some of the highlights:
- Jay Bluher and his employees at the Farmhouse Market who managed our order of 100 hams and sold pre-filled bags of groceries that were distributed to our families.
- The anonymous donation of 80 whole chickens, distributed on December 6 to our grateful families.
- Three full carloads of purchases from Costco and a generous cash donation from a local family.
- A community member who purchased 84 of the 100 hams that were given out on December 20.
- Caring friends and neighbors who donated over 50 presents to the Kiwanis Giving Tree at the Fall City Library.
- Heartfelt gratitude to the hundreds of students at Fall City Elementary, Chief Kanim Middle School and Mount Si High School who collected record breaking amounts of food for our holiday food drives—approximately 4,735 items in all! (Volunteers from Chief Kanim, pictured above, helping with the delivery of donations to the Pantry).
- The spontaneous collection of gently used toys by enthusiastic volunteers to the delight of our Food Pantry children.
- Our Fall City Firefighters who adopted several families over the holidays, purchased food for the Pantry and coordinated the Giving Tree at the Farmhouse Market.
- The members of Rotary Club of Snoqualmie Valley who donated 40 Safeway gifts cards at $25 each.
- The seven donors who purchased or donated three cords of firewood that will provide warmth to six families.
- The dozens of Pantry volunteers who donated their time, talents and grace to respectfully assist our neighbors in need—such awesome individuals!
Many thanks and best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2018